History of Ear piercing
Ear piercing is not just fashion!
Wearing them has an acupuncture-effect on the body. In ancient China, earrings were developed for health purposes rather than female embellishment purposes.
The father of Western medicine, Hippocrates, wrote about ear piercing and earring wearing around 470 B.C. as a remedy and treatment for menstrual problems.
Ancient people treated diseases of feminine Yin organs via earrings in the left ear and diseases of the male Yang organs via the right ear.
The following are the various health benefits of ear piercing:
- Maintains the reproductive organs and helps to keep up a healthy menstrual cycle.
- Ear lobes contain the meridian points of left brain and the right brain. When these points are pierced, it activates the respective parts.
- According to acupuncture, the center of ear lobes contains the points of vision. Applying pressure to these points sharpens eye sight.
- The ear lobes are good spots to apply pressure that relieves tinnitus.
- Prevents anxiety and nervousness.
- Helps to keep one’s digestive system in order.
- It also increases intellect, power of thinking and decision making skills.
Isn’t the fact great ? If you liked this article on history of ear piercing then do not forget to share among your peers.