- Real estate developer
Inventions and Discoveries?
- inventor of the wind-shield wiper
February 19, 1866,
Place of birth?
Greene County, Alabama, United States
June 27, 1953
Place of death?
Monteagle, Tennessee, United States
- Mary Anderson is well known for inventing the first operational wind shield wiper.
- She named her invention a window cleaning device for electric cars and other vehicles.
- Her version of invention was not put into Production but it closely resembles the windshield wiper found on many early car models.
- Anderson then again began creating a design very similar to a modern windshield wiper that operated with a lever from inside the vehicle.(like how we see in auto rikshaw now a days)
- Anderson finished creating her model design for manufacturing and patented her design on November 10, 1903.
- She tried to sell her design to many manufacturing companied but no one stepped in for its production.
- Anderson died on June 27, 1953.